09 May 2006

over and over

So I was going through files of old pictures to make space on my computer and I came across Juan Maclean when he did a DJ set in Seattle and then played a show later that night at the Crocidile. That was the second time I had seen him within the year, that previous show was at Chop Suey. I still can't seem to figure out why none of his shows pull in over 30 people and yet crap like Fall Out Boy sells out millions. Anyway, Juan Maclean along with DfA put on some of the best shows i've seen. Example 1: LCD Soundsystem at the Fools Foundation. No windows, brick walls, just sweat, a red light, and james murphy. The show killed expecially comparied to the next night at the Fillmore.

Anyways, DFA along with great shows has brought me awesome records. Example 2: Like when I went to the Record Store and sold back my Tool Box Set and some PJ Harvey cds. With 96 dollars in credit, I then bought every DFA 12" available. Even better was when I ran over in all my excitement and gave the records to American Athlete with the exception of the Beat Connection 12". (my personal favorite).

Anyways, that brings me to the moral of the story and Hot Chip. The moral is DFA makes good music and good music makes you feel good. And then Hot Chip, even if I've had this song for over a year, the song is bound to make you feel good.

Hot Chip - Look After Me
LCD Soundsystem - Slow Dive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home