21 May 2006

i've been shellshocked

Bad week. Between betty k dying, barbara having breast cancer, Cindy's possibility of cancer, grandfathers staff infection getting drastically worse, and the shitty weather...I’ve just about collapsed and found it rather difficult to see the positive let alone feel that way. Wednesday thru Thursday have felt like the longest days I’ve had in years. I don’t think I’ve cried, cussed, or stared this much in the last 5 years. the miserable week has lead me to one band for mild inspiration and comfort.

new order. I have always thought myself to be a bigger joy division fan than new order. new order was good but they often felt to upbeat and rather gay. I have had a difficult time getting over the cheesy lyrics and vocals. I will always think older new order is best.. but for this week, new order has provided more for me than joy division ever did.

I’ve listened to these two songs at least twice every day since Thursday and they've done their job well. hopefully this week will get better seeing that in a week and half im leaving to visit DC and would like to be feeling a bitter happier than I am at the moment.

Enough loathing... this is it:

New Order - Ceremmony
New Order - Shellshock

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...and rather gay." - what sort of shit is that? This isn't the dark ages. Can you please choose less offensive adjectives than this.

Nice tunes and a good entry into the blogosphere otherwise. Sorry about all the cancer and stuff.

10:14 AM  
Blogger stacy said...

I decided to remove all the argument blogs. These things should be about music not pissing each other off.

Needless to say, if my choice of words was offensive, my apoliges. That was not my intent.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home