15 May 2006

motivation and inspiration


I spent the evening reading most of Hillman Curtis book Practice, Inspiration, and Practice for the New Media Designer. About 1/3 of the book focused on being motivated and finding inspiration. Aside from the fact that the book is worth the reading, I found somethings worth sharing...

1. Pass along things that inspire you
2. Keep the things that inspire you to refer back to

Hillman Curtis has passed along Josef Muller - Brockman to me. I just bought Josef Muller-Brockmann's History of the Poster so that I will always have something to refer back to. His work is amazing. And something that should always be refered to for inspiration and motivation. You can see samples of his work Here

And for music that inspires, motivates, and spans creativity:

Dennis Young - Signal Up Ahead (remix)