09 June 2006

lets talk DC

Alright lets talk about DC...
When I was thinking about posting some of my favorite bands to come out of DC (and no I am not talking perhaps the best but certainly some of them are), the first band to come to mind was Q and Not U. The band was around for almost to seven years and with 3 full length releases and two singles, I can't honestly think of a band that did it more "right". From punk to dance punk, whatever you want to call the end result, Q and Not U was fucking awesome. Needless to say, when I heard of their break up last year the world stoped a little. Actually for the entire car ride down Westlake ave. The American Athlete and I sat quite and contemplated the option of crying.

Anyways, with the break up came Ris Paul Ric and Georgie James and President. You can read more about all of this at the Dischord - Q and Not U page or at Q and Not U myspace page.

But for now, 2 of my favorite songs, one of the old and one for new.

Q and Not U - Wonderful People
Q and Not U - Wonderful People - President Remix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home