13 June 2006

white boys

I was some-what (not much) disappointed when I heard Erlend Øye's Berlin based project Whitest Boy Alive. Its been said that his intent with the project was to make it a "dancier" version of Kings of Convenience. I don't think this was achieved and to me it is a slight let down. But thats not to say the Whitest Boy Alive doesn't produce.It's still good music. Like most I think, I love the music Erlend Øye creates. His vocals are one in a million and when he and Morgan Geist put out (i.e. Ghost Trains) greatness is achieved. So anyways, here are some tracks to listen to. You can also go to The Whitest Boy Alive and watch a video. The album "Dreams" is due out the 21 of this month but not in the US (as always). Enough said.

Whitest Boy Alive Inflations
Whitest Boy Alive Figures

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

the whitest boy is fun! fun! fun! although, i'm not really digging the two Police style tracks. not much 80's nostalgia here. by the way, i spun really early on that last Club ID night. i'm shocked that anyone heard it. do you live here in the city?

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home