20 June 2006

making list, making changes


I got this comment a while back about how my blog tends to be about my personal life. The comment made me laugh, because it is totally true. I can guarantee what is to follow will be way more on the personal life side of things than the music side,you might want to skip to the end and just grab the songs if you aren't up for some reading.

Anyways, I thought about that comment and figured that in my opinion people enjoy certian music because of their background and life history. What people, places, and things we have been exposed to directly relate to what music a person comes into contact with; therefore, music will always be a personal thing directly related to ones personal life.

With that thought out of the way, Its been a rough two weeks since my return from Washington, DC. Generally when life becomes a little confusing, frustrating, and exhausting I tend to do some thinking, a lot for that matter. Thinking generally leads to some soft of life analysis and for me I end up making various list. About four days ago I decided I wanted to start doing more things that I like and enjoy. Simple or complex, I want to start enjoying things again. With that idea, I decided to make a list of all the things I enjoy doing. The list is way too long to post the whole thing (you can read the entire list at HERE. Just click the most recent blog posting...)so I'll only give you a taste:

Taking baths
Drinking double espressos and eating scones in the morning
Sitting outside in the sun
Watching A's baseball
The way I feel when I wear expensive clothes
Reading magazines at coffee shops late at night
Record store shopping after 7pm
Conversations that start with, "remember the time..." or "did you see..." or "I cant wait..." or "I have to tell you..." or "this is good..."
Random conversations with knowledgeable people
Browsing at H M and it taking over an hour due to piddling
Buying cheese and crackers or chocolate at novelty grocery stores and eating it soon after
Leaving the windows open
Buying new plants, potting them, and watching them grow
The rare times I scrapbook
The way I feel after a work out with sweat
Editing photos and making something with them
Organizing things
Adding new post to my blog and searching for songs at the same time
Road Trips
I miss writing and doing it well
Conversations about mere opinion
I like busy work, occasionally
Editing other people work
Drinking cocktails at fancy bars on off nights
Dancing to good music

Taking the list into consideration, there is always music to express the mood.

Bloc Party - Uniform (Live Coachella)

Whitest Boy Alive - Don't Give Up

I promise tomorrow I will post a massive list of more dance oriented songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home